Monday, May 4, 2009

Alrighty then -- my first official post here!

So, I've been busy, art-wise. I've done a few commissions, and been working on a set of art pieces/prints to have ready to go for "Bella's Birthday", or Stephanie Meyer's Day in my town of Forks, Washington.

My most recent commissions were of a Fire Dancer and a Hula Girl. Be fore-warned that they may not be work-safe, as they do contain some nudity. But I'm particularly happy with how the Fire Dancer came out.

I really need to try my hand at more work that focuses on the use of light and shadow, as I find this really fascinating.

Twilight-Wise, I've done several pieces of art. My main piece is my black & white drawing, "Intoxicating Love", which is now available through me as a 8 1/2 x 11 print on cardstock, as well as post card packs of 5 or more on my Forks/Twilight page. The original art is also up for sale, as well as the original pencil I did for the piece.

I've also tried my hand at a couple of Jasper book marks. And a set of plant pots featuring Bella and Edward that are now sitting out by the official "Cullen's baseball field". I've also recently added a sign out there too, which I've posted on another Forks/Twilight gallery of mine, since it's not officially "art", but still hopefully amusing if you're a fan of the Twilight books.

And lastly, I would love to do more of my famous bookmarks. If you'd like one done for you, I'm currently charging $20 (which includes US shipping). You can find more information on my Art4Sale page on my website.

In other news, we're waiting on a storm this evening here in Forks, WA. Spring storms are usually pretty tame, but we have candles and snackies just in case.

And I have been busily attempting to learn wood-working. So far I have successfully made one saw horse, and one less than perfect saw horse. Tomorrow I hope to attempt my first bookcase. If it comes out slightly better than shabby, I shall be thrilled! Cuz anything less than a complete disaster just means I can get better at it. Yay!

Hope you're all having a safe and wonderful evening.

-- Resa

No comments: